Must Read!
Ok, so I just finished a book that everyone should read. Nathan, when you have time I think you especially would like this for some reason. It is called The Hiding Place by Cornelia Ten Boom. It is about a lady in Holland during WWII. I will give you more details if you want. It's great. Probably my favorite non-children's book. Lindsey, I am sure you would be able to get this at the library. Let me know what you think. It is very hopeful!
Posted in: on Sunday, August 19, 2007 at
Okay, I just looked and the smaller, local library has this book and Twilight in right now. Guess where I am headed tommorrow?!! Thank you for the recommendations...keep them coming!
Oohh! Good! I don't know which to tell you to read first! They are both so good and so different. Let me know what you think!
I will let you know. Good to see someone else is on the computer tonight. I am bored because Nathan is talking to Brad...so I am 'a bloggin' away!!
Okay, so I am over half way through Twilight already and I don't want to put it down. I am so drawn into Edward and Bella. The vampire bit still throws me for a loop a little bit...but I just read those parts quickly! I will be back to update when I am finished!
Ok, I am so glad that you like it. I was worried after I hyped it up. Yeah, it was my first day today and what was I doing last night? Reading Eclipse until after midnight. I am pathetic...I know. I couldn't get Sarah to really read it..not sure what was wrong with her! Keep me posted...
Well, I am pathetic too...I stayed up until 11:15 so I could finish the book. I think I liked it...the vampire stuff still is hard for me to take at times. Also, she used a curse word twice....bad, bad LDS author!! Anyways, now I am on to New Moon.
Yeah I was surprised about the curse words. She has at least 2 per book if I remember correctly. Well, if nothing else...it sounds like a page turner! I am on lunch break right now...I am just physically exhausted again today. My Brain is just too involved I guess.
Okay, I finished New Moon last night. I have got to say that I was pretty disappointed...I didn't really like it at all. I think I missed the interaction between Edward and Bella since it was mostly about her and Jacob. Is Eclipse any good so far?
Yeah, a lot of people felt that way about New Moon. I liked it because I liked Jacob. I am about 2/3 through Eclipse and I like it. Edward isn't gone, so that makes it better. But Rachel, my roommate didn't like Eclipse as much. Everyone else that I have talked to has...but most people like twilight the best. You can go to her website and read about another book she is writing from Edward's perspective.
Okay, I just finished The Hiding Place. I honestly didn't really like it. The end was okay, but I found much of the book to be boring because of the way it was written. She did go through so much though. Onto Mom's recommendation.