Date for 3!


We had a date night tonight with Jadyn. Nathan and I really prefer older children to newborns (no offence Maya). Jadyn is just at such a fun age that we can do so many fun things with her and see her excitement.

We went mini golfing first. We were surprised at how well Jadyn got the game. I thought she would have been bored after 2 or 3 holes. Nope, she stuck it out the whole time, learned how to correctly hold her putter, and played most holes by herself after Nathan helped her line the ball up. She was actually the only one to hit a hole in one (with a little guidance from Daddy of course). So, the final scores were Jadyn: 49 (with a little help :) Mommy: 71 and Daddy: 46. So, if you are ever feeling down about yourself, come play mini golf with me....I stink!

Then we went to Marble Slab (Coldstone knock-off) because we had a buy one get one free coupon. We were actually pretty impressed. We weren't expecting it to be nearly as good as Coldstone, but it is actually very good. I had Raspberry ice cream with bananas mixed in and Nathan had Sweet Cream with Oreos mixed in. Jadyn had some of both!

So, we had a fun night and only spent $8.56 because we had coupons to both places. Not bad for a 3 person date filled with fun!

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. Jadyn not only beat you but she completely rocked you. How much did Nathan really help her?

     
  2. You are the bargain girl. I have to agree that her age is so much fun. You guys are the cutest family. We can't wait to have you in our ward.

     
  3. I have to agree with you on the newborn thing. It's so much easier when they're walking and talking. Mini golf sounds fun. We haven't tried that with Riley yet, but thanks for the idea!