Treat = Carpet Square?
About a week ago, we visited a carpet place in the evening. It was close to bedtime so Jadyn was a little wound up and was running around through the carpet samples. She still was being good...just full of energy. Well, at the end, the salesperson said, "You have been a good girl, come with me and I will give you a treat".
So, she takes us to the back room and says "Jadyn, you can pick out a carpet square to take home with you!". Jadyn looked at me like, "What exactly does this lady want me to do?" I helped Jadyn choose a carpet square so we could get out of there and get her to bed. As we were putting Jadyn in the car she said, "I want a treat, Mommy". She did not understand that when the lady said the word treat she was meaning a carpet square and she was upset. Note to carpet lady: don't tell a 2 1/2 year old they can have a treat and then offer them something they don't even recognize!
Jadyn did have fun jumping on her carpet square once we got home though!
Posted in: on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at
that is funny.
A carpet square??!!! The lady obviously does not have kids of her own. Well, at least she had fun jumping on it!
He he he! Our boys would be confused too I'm sure! Did you pick out some carpet for the house?
Now it can be her piece of carpet to EAT treats on.