Not set in stone...but getting firmer!

We feel pretty sure now that this new baby girl will be named Maya Elisabeth. We feel it "pairs" better with Jadyn Nicole and we love the name. So, despite that it was the #62 most popular girls name last year, we feel that should be her name.

However, all you Esme haters out there, we can't promise that you won't see a revival of that name in the future!

Now, do you think the spelling Maya is straightforward enough that people will pronounce it My-ah instead of May-ah? Or, would an alternate spelling be better (like Mya)?

Oh, and if she is actually born on 08-08-08, we could named her Octavia....but we won't!

7 comments:

  1. I think most everyone knows to pronounce it My-ah so you should be safe to spell it regularly.

    Maya Elisabeth flows really well. Why the "s" in Elisabeth instead of a "z"? It's super cute with an "s." Just curious though.

     
  2. Hmm...about the s in Elisabeth. The name is actually after my sister Sarah Elizabeth. However, we prefer it with an s. It seems softer (not sure if that is the right word) I guess.

     
  3. Also, I am pretty sure my neice is spelled that way: Taylor Elisabeth. I think that is when I first realized I liked it better spelled with an s!

     
  4. Great choice! ;) Just can't wait to meet her now.

     
  5. I agree that most people will know how to pronounce it, but there will always be those few idiots out there say "libary," and "supposebly."

     
  6. Taylor's middle name is spelled with an "s" because of Goeringer lineage. And, Maya Angelo is so well known I think you will be fine. It sounds really pretty. Can't wait to see you all. Now that school is done, I can focus on my plane ticket. I will keep you posted!

     
  7. The spelling of Elisabeth with an s comes from the bible--John the Baptist's mother was Elisabeth with a s. A little trivia, if you didn't already know. ;)