Imaginary friends are healthy, right?


Well, I had a baby girl 4 weeks ago. And apparently, Jadyn had a boy named "Dobby Dobby". When I was pregnant, she would say that I had a girl in my belly and she had a boy. A week or so ago, she said that Maya was no longer in my belly...that she had come out. I said that was true and she said that her boy had come out. I asked her the name and she said "Dobby, Dobby".

Now, she feeds Dobby Dobby, burps him, rocks him, says he is fussy, and needs to know where he is when she is sleeping, etc. Sometimes she calls me back into her room after I lay her down and hysterically asks where Dobby Dobby is. I am just thinking...your fake kid is wherever you want him to be! I just tell her he is right there so she will calm down. Yesterday she proceeded to pull up her shirt and breastfeeding Dobby Dobby. It is very interesting to say the least!

2 comments:

  1. that is too funny! What a great name!

     
  2. How sweet! She is mimicking everything you do with Maya. We love Jadyn and wish we could see her (and all of you) more.