Over-protective Mommy....I know!
So, yesterday was my first (and I am sure not last) ER visit with Jadyn. She tripped and fell going from the carpet to the linoleum in the bathroom. She was bleeding excessively and the cut looked really bad inside her upper lip. So, I freaked out and called Nathan and picked him up on the way to the ER. He was able to give her a blessing on the way (I am so grateful that he is able to do this for our family).
When we got there, the bleeding had stopped, but Jadyn was still screaming like a mad woman. She hated letting anyone look at the wound. They determined she had cut the inside skin piece that connects the lip to the top of the gums (can't recall the name). However, since it didn't cut through to the outer lip, they don't do anything but let it heal naturally. They gave her some motrin and we headed home. She was able to nap for 1 1/2 hours on Mommy's bed (I didn't push sleeping in her bed today!)
So, I basically freaked out. I will know next time to wait it out for a little bit. I just couldn't stand to see her in pain and wanted it to stop. I am glad it was nothing more serious.
She is such a trooper. Last night she was her normal happy self and smiling with a fat lip and all. I love this girl so much.
Posted in: on Saturday, April 26, 2008 at
When Luke was about 15 months old, he slipped on the tile floor in the bathroom and fell onto the tub. His bottom teeth went completely through his lower lip. It was gaping and bleeding everywhere. The tricky part was - was that I was actually in the shower with shampoo in my hair. What do you do then? Rinse the hair? Grab the baby and leave straight for the ER (with the shampoo still in)? I opted to rinse, throw on clothes then grab him and run with sopping wet hair etc.. By the time we made it to urgent care, his lip had already sealed and he was fine. They had us stay to do a neuro check and give him anibiotics for the cut, but didn't have to do stitches or anything else.
Aren't kids entertaining? Glad she's better.
Katie Staten